DTC Professional Training are currently providing Confined Spaces Awareness Training Courses for businesses in Doncaster.
Working in Confined Spaces is a HIGH RISK activity and many fatal accidents have occurred where inadequate precautions were taken before and during work involving entry into confine spaces.
Each year around 15 people are killed and a number seriously injured across a wide range of industries from simple open top pits to more complex chemical plants. Rescuers without proper training and equipment often become victims.
Confined Spaces Awareness Training in Doncaster
A Confined Space is defined as:
"Any place including any Chamber, Tank, Vat, Silo ,Pit, Trench, Pipe, Sewer, Flue, Well or other similar space in which by virtue of its enclosed nature there arises a reasonably foreseeable specified risk"
Specific Training for work in confined spaces will depend on an individual’s previous experience and the type of work they will be doing. This training will need to cover:
- An awareness of the Confined Spaces Regulations and in particular the need to avoid entry to a confined space, unless it is not reasonably practicable to do so, in accordance with regulation 4(1);
- An understanding of the work to be undertaken, the hazards, and the necessary precautions;
- An understanding of safe systems of work, with particular reference to ‘permits-to-work’ where appropriate;
- How emergencies arise, the need to follow prepared emergency arrangements, and the dangers of not doing so.
This Half Day Course comes with a workbook and is assessed by a Multi-Choice Question Assessment and successful Delegates receive a Certificate of attendance.
At £35.00 per Delegate In-House and £65.00 per Delegate Classroom this Course is competitively priced.
Course Dates & PricesMore Info
- Specified risks
- Principle hazards
- Safe system of work
- Permit to work
- Emergency rescue arrangements
- Top man / Sentry watch role